The bitcoin cash hard fork is scheduled for November 15, 2018.
This hard fork is a little bit different and requires special handling on the part of crypto exchanges and wallets.
Before and while the Hard Fork is happening:
- Abra will suspend withdrawing, depositing, and exchanging of bitcoin cash at 8:00 AM PST on November 15, 2018.
- If users need access to bitcoin cash during the hard fork they should withdraw all bitcoin cash from Abra before 8:00 AM on the 15th.
- Users may not be able to see their available balances of bitcoin cash after 8:00 AM on November 15, 2018,
- Although the balance will not be visible, the bitcoin cash will be secure.
- Post hard fork, Abra will need to evaluate which of the resulting bitcoin cash blockchains is longer (and has more hashing power) before determining which fork to follow.
- There is currently no estimate of how long this process will take.
- Once a clear leading fork emerges, Abra will follow that fork (main fork) and restore the ability for users to deposit, withdraw, exchange, or hold bitcoin cash.
- At this time, users will not be receiving the new forked coins on Abra. However, this may change in the future and if it does we will announce it via our blog.
For additional information regarding this hard fork and Abra, please see our blog post.
If you have any additional questions please reach out to email@example.com.