Bitwise 10 (BIT10) is the world’s first crypto-based index product and is available to international Abra users, by licensing the methodology of Bitwise Investments.
Due to regulatory uncertainty in the US Market, BIT10 will no longer be available for US users to purchase. For more information on what this means for US users, click here.
Investing in the BIT10 index product on the Abra platform will allow you to gain exposure to a basket of the 10 largest cryptocurrencies with one investment. The index is available with a minimum investment of $5, and carries no fees. The BIT10 index is rebalanced every month following Bitwise Investment's methodology. For more information about the BIT10 index, check out our blog.
To gain access to BIT10, download the latest version of the Abra app, and you will be prompted to add BIT10 to your portfolio. If you do not want to add it when prompted, that’s ok, Tap: Done and add later!
Here’s how to add BIT10:
Open your Abra app, to your portfolio view.
- Tap: ‘Manage Assets’ (in the upper right-hand corner).
- Tap: 'Bitwise 10’.
- An overlay about Bitwise 10 will appear.
- ‘Overview’ will provide additional information regarding BIT10.
- ‘Methodology’ will provide information regarding which cryptocurrencies make up the BIT10.
- Please read and agree to the terms of adding BIT10 (if you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to add BIT10).
- Tap: ‘Add BIT10’.
- Tap: ‘Save’.
- BIT10 will now be added to your Portfolio.
Please note: If the BIT10 price is momentarily unavailable, it will not reflect within your portfolio view, but will resume as soon as the price is again available
BIT10 is implemented as a synthetic product by Abra. It tracks the prices of the top 10 cryptocurrencies (per Bitwise Investment's methodology), and does not pay proceeds from distributions or forks.
Tap here, to learn how to add funds to your Abra wallet.