Sending Bitcoin with Abra is the same as sending any other currency. If your recipient's wallet is in Bitcoin, he/she will receive the funds in Bitcoin, regardless of the currency your wallet is in.
To send, please follow these instructions.
However, to send bitcoin to another wallet or exchange, you will need to use the withdraw bitcoin function.
To withdraw Bitcoin from your Abra wallet, please do the following:
- Open your Abra app, go to the main screen
- Tap: 'Withdraw'
- Tap: 'Use Bitcoin'
- On the third-party Bitcoin wallet that you want to withdraw to, locate the QR code or Bitcoin public address
- Tap: the QR code symbol (the top right corner of the screen) on your Abra app to scan the QR code, or type the remote Bitcoin address to where you will withdraw funds to
- Enter the Bitcoin amount
- Tap: 'Confirm Withdrawal' amount
- On the third-party wallet, check whether any further action may be necessary
Please note that bitcoin withdrawals will be charged a network fee starting August 21st, 2017. This fee is required to ensure your transaction is confirmed by the bitcoin mining network and fluctuates based off of volume on the network. Abra does not profit from it.