Sending money to family and friends through Abra is still simple, but we've made a slight change and here's how:
- Open your Abra app, to your portfolio view.
- Tap: the main menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap: 'Send to Abra user'
- If one of your contacts already has abra, you will see a person icon to the left of their name.
- Tap: on the contact or enter the number of the person you wish to send funds to.
- Enter: Amount (note is optional)
- Double check if you're sending the currency the person would like to receive.
* Please note, you can only send fiat, BTC, LTC, BCH, and ETH. You will not be able to send funds directly to another Abra user's crypto wallet, besides BTC, LTC, BCH and ETH.
- Tap: Next
- Double check to make sure you're sending the desired amount and currency.
- Tap: 'Send Money'
Note: The contact must have an Abra wallet in order to send funds. If the user does not have an Abra wallet, the app will prompt you to send an invite.
**Although Abra does not charge an Abra fee to 'Send funds* to another Abra wallet, you will still be charged a network fee to withdraw BTC/LTC/BCH/ETH from your wallet and send to another Abra wallet. A network fee will not be applied when sending fiat from one Abra wallet to another, only when sending cryptocurrency from one wallet to another. This network fee is required to ensure your transaction is confirmed by the Bitcoin mining network. Abra does not profit from this fee.
The Example below is showing how to select a fiat currency wallet and how to change it to the currency or cryptocurrency of the receiver's choice (limited by the types of wallets they currently have).