You can now add a US bank account by providing your account’s routing number and account number. With this information, we can process bank transfers via the Automated Clearing House, or ACH system. Please note that this account verification process normally takes 1-2 business days.
Ready to use your newly linked bank account for a deposit? Great! Just follow these steps to create the transaction:
- Open your Abra app, to the main screen (now your portfolio view).
- Tap: 'Add Money'
- Tap: 'Bank ACH transfer'
- Tap: 'Other - XXXX' to use your manually linked bank account
- Type: Desired amount to debit from your linked account
- Tap: 'Next'
- Tap: 'Confirm Deposit'
Transactions normally take 1-2 business days (excluding weekends and holidays), if no additional documentation is required by our bank integration partner. Please note that in select cases, additional documentation may be requested (specific documentation will vary from customer to customer).
Where can I find my routing number and account number?
To manually link your bank account by entering your routing number and account number, you will first need to find these numbers. You can normally find these through your bank’s online banking portal or on a personal check for the same bank account.
- A routing number is a 9-digit number
- An account number varies in length between 8 and 13 digits
How long does it take to manually verify my account?
Manually adding a bank account normally takes 1-2 business days. This is how long it takes for two small test deposits to reach your account. After that, you can complete the manual account verification within the Abra app.
I didn’t receive the micro-deposits to verify my bank account. Should I guess what they are?
Please do not guess the two micro test deposits. Guessing can cause long delays in verifying your bank account because you may accidentally lock yourself out.
If after 3 business days you have not received the micro-deposits, please contact us.
The two most common reasons for not receiving the micro-deposits on time are:
- There may have been a typo in the routing number or account number.
- A processing error or delay may have occurred between our bank integration partner and your bank.