With Abra, your funds are stored on your phone. In order to safeguard the funds held on your Abra wallet, it's imperative to create a backup and save your recovery phrase in a safe place. In the event, a phone is broken, stolen, lost or the app is deleted accidentally our company never has access to your funds or the associated recovery phrase.
Instructions for backing up your Abra wallet:
- Open your Abra app, to the main screen
- Tap: the icon in the upper left corner to go to the menu screen
- Tap: 'Wallet Security'
- Tap: 'View recovery phrase'
- Write down your unique backup phrase and keep it in a safe place, such as where you would store other valuable documents and cash savings.
- Tap: 'Yes, I wrote it down'
- Write down the previous 13 random words from the previous step
- Tap: 'Confirm Phrase'
If you've made a typo, a red alert box will show on the app prompting you to check the phrase and try again. If successful, you will see the next screen with a 'You are all set!' message.
*Please note, your Abra recovery phrase only works with your Abra wallet.