With Abra, your funds are stored on your phone. You can keep your money safe by backing up your Abra wallet so that if your phone is ever lost or stolen, or your app deleted, you are able to recover your funds.
Instructions for backing up your Abra wallet:
- Open your Abra app, to the main screen
- Tap: the icon on the upper left corner to go to the menu screen
- Tap: 'Wallet Security'
- Tap: 'Get recovery phrase' and then hit 'View Recovery Phrase'
- Write down your unique backup phrase and keep it in a safe place, such as where you would store other valuable documents and cash savings.
- Tap: 'Yes, I wrote it down'
- Write down the previous 13 random words from previous step
- Tap: 'Confirm Phrase'
If you made a typo, a red alert box will show on the app prompting you to check the phrase and try again. If successful, you will see the next screen with a 'You are all set!' message.