The same way that email is a protocol for sending messages to any computer using the internet, Bitcoin is a protocol for sending money to any computer or mobile device using the Internet. The Bitcoin protocol has a built-in currency, also called Bitcoin, that is used to pay volunteers who use their computing power to help secure Bitcoin transactions. Bitcoin is an important innovation in the history of money that enables Abra customers to send money anywhere in the world where there’s access to the Internet.
Articles in this section
- How do I buy Bitcoin with Abra?
- How long does it take for a Bitcoin transaction to be confirmed?
- Changes in Network Fees
- Why does my Bitcoin address keep changing?
- Who has control of my private key?
- Can I use my Abra recovery phrase in other bitcoin wallets?
- How does the Abra wallet handle unconfirmed transactions?
- Where is Abra getting its Bitcoin price from?
- What is Bitcoin?
- Addressing a Potential Bitcoin Fork